Fun Things to Do at the Jersey Shore
The Jersey Shore is packed full of fun things to do all year round! Here’s are a few places to check out depending on your mood:
1) Jenkinson’s Boardwalk in Point Pleasant, NJ has arcades, restaurants, and rides primarily for younger children to enjoy. There’s also an aquarium that displays all types of fish and sea creatures as well as a touch tank for the more curious youngsters in your party. Jenkinson’s has many gift shops and even a restaurant with live bands. Enjoy the beach with your children or bring your spouse for a romantic night out on the boardwalk.
2) Hawk Haven Vineyard and Winery in Cape May has stunning grounds where you can taste a variety of wines and cheeses while enjoying live music! Another option is Turdo Vineyard and Winery which is smaller but has a very knowledgeable staff and delicious wines to try!!
3) Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City is a great place to go for live entertainment, delicious buffets and humming slot machines. This is one of the newest casinos to open in the area but totally unique with Hard Rock ‘s signature signed guitars and memorabilia endlessly lining the walls.
4) Jersey Shore Alpaca Farm is a different outing that won’t disappoint you. A small farm with gentle Alpacas, the owner and his wife will give you a personalized tour and let you pet these gentle animals and feed them carrots. Definitely perfect for families with young children or for animal lovers of any age.
5) The Beautiful Twin Lighthouses of Navasink is free and perfect for the historian who has an hour or two to spare. Enjoy spectacular views with photo opts galore and a small interesting museum. Be sure not to miss the double lense light which used to sit atop one of the towers that is housed in an adjacent building.
6) Washington Street Mall in Cape May is a small outdoor shopping area where you can browse for a few hours, grab lunch with a friend or take a trolley tour. There are plenty of benches available for people watching or sitting with a yummy ice cream cone from the nearby shop.
These are just a few choices of fun things to do in New Jersey. So, get up off the couch, and bring your bestie or family out for a fun-filled day trip to South Jersey.